Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Monday, January 23, 2012

THE UNSUNG EMPRESS OF MUSE

Have you ever noticed how

the Shadows claim some of the absolute BEST people in the world?

They blend into the fluctuations of light and mist, keeping their lights hidden.

Muse has such an unsung powerhouse, creator of our logo and promise...Building the Team to Achieve the Dream.

We have our Queen, the deliciously amusing Lea Schizas, but we also have our Unsung Empress

Her Majesty Litsa Kamateros.

If asked, many would be unable to tell you of the

magic Litsa performs in her quiet, but consistent way for all of us here at

Muse It Up Publishing, Inc.

Being a believer in revealing our veins of

pure gold, I am as of this moment amending my oversight.


Litsa Kamateros, this is your Empress Exposé.

Let me begin with my own personal rippling reasons for bowing at the feet of our Empress.

Some of you will remember my award winning author daughter Kat Holmes having a seizure right here, in my room, on my bed, while I happily and unknowingly click-clacked away on my keyboard. 

Unlike most of Kat's convulsive seizures, and because she was on my bed, she did not make the loud thumping sounds I have my ear always hitched to hear. 


So imagine my horror when I turned around and found Kat with my

metal nail file sticking out of her chest, her hand still locked on the handle, and a look of pain filled horror on her face. No mother should have such an image locked away in her memory files, but I do.

Guilt, extreme levels of guilt assailed me, and tears. Into this mess, I spoke with Lea. I think my voice was shaking and quickily the story unfolded. It always helps talking to Lea, but Lea took it one step further. She told Litsa what happened, and before the day ended, Litsa had

scoured the internet looking for resources for Kat and me so she would never impale herself again.

Let me repeat that...Litsa DROPPED everything and went to work finding me the resources I needed HERE in New Jersey from her home up there in Canada, because just as we have become a family at Muse,

Lea and Litsa show us every day how to model this family by their own generosity.

Litsa, you became my guiding star that day, and there isn't a day I don't thank every power in the universe for being a part of this marvelous entity you and Lea created called

Muse It Up Publishing, Inc.

I KNOW I am not alone in feeling this way.

Moving on...I could not be at the recent Muse Retreat in Canada, but have happily devoured every image, and every report, about that delightful weekend.

The one theme that runs through everyone's accounting is how incredible Litsa is.

She coordinated the fans, directing them from her unassuming place, towards the authors of their favorite génré's and in multiple languages. (How I envy her ability to schmooz in so many dialects.)

There are pictures...hang on while I post a few...of our beautiful Empress at what she does on the ball here,

on the ball there, while also promoting her own book,

co-written with our Queen.  AUTISM EPIDEMIC Shaking the System

And let's not forget, it is Litsa who goes out there into that big, big world and overwhelmes them with their need to have a Muse Booksigning in their store...

(she's our little lady carrying a surprisingly big stick)...or host Lea and Litsa on their radio shows, etc., etc., etc.

Publishing is on the rise....in its first year look at the strides we've made, and we owe each and every one of them to BOTH

Queen Lea, and Empress Litsa.

Litsa

we do not always remember to tell you

"thank you" adequately for all you do for us, but know this, none of us at Muse could succeed without you staunchly leading our way.

Love You Deeply Our Empress.

Hail to our Empress, long may she rule!

4 comments:

lionmother said...

Nothing more to say about this than: AMEN!! I agree with everything you said and I didn't know that about Litsa helping you. I know she coordinated everything at the retreat so even when there were glitches it all went as smoothly as possible. Beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman and person!!!

gail roughton branan said...

I haven't interacted much with Litsa but I'd already picked up from observation her essential role at Muse. I certainly knew Litsa is a beautiful lady from the pictures (wow, in fact!) Beautiful and well-deserved tribute!

Michelle said...

I haven't had the pleasure of working directly with Litsa yet, but I've only heard wonderful things about her.

Thank you, Litsa for the work you do behind the scenes. Muse wouldn't be the same without you. I hope to meet you at the Gala in November.

Michelle
Concilium, July 2012
Concilium: The Departure, November 2012

MuseItUp Publishing said...

Litsa is not only a dear friend but also an important part of this house. Her long nagging phone calls discussing our house's future is proof. LOL! Sorry, Litsa, just had to throw that in otherwise you know I wouldn't be me. hehehe

Glad to see the recognition you so deserve, dear friend.