Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ladybug Lin Reviews Fate and Fangs...Love:Ann and the Viking

Allow me a second to introduce myself...I am L.J. Holmes, multi-published Muse It Up Author. My daughter is Kat Holmes, also an award winning, multi-published Muse It Up Author and she uses a

cat silhouette as her banner image. I don't have a banner, but I do have an image that is dear to me...I love ladybugs, and this one

talks to who I am inside where the real Lin (L.J) Holmes lives. From now on, I will do my reviews of the treasures I read, as Ladybug Lin. (Jim I know you have made me

a bear,

groundhog,

oracle, and

a whack-a-mom, but the Ladybug is really who I am.)

NOW TO THE REVIEW:


I just finished the first book in Kristin Battestella's vampire series FATE AND FANGS...

Love: Ann and the Viking is one of the most unusal and creative spins on vampire lore I have ever read, and I've read Christine Feehan's Carpathian Vampires, Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse Series, Lynsay Sand's Argeneau series, Kerrelyn Sparks, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Mary Janice Davidson, and Gerry Bartlett series...just to name a few.

With all those takes on the vampire theme I couldn't imagine a new flavor...but I was wrong.

This is a short, energetic story...think of it as an opening act...one that sets the stage for enticing you to grab up the next book in the series and keep on grabbing.

I LOVED the forward by the well degreed professor, into whose hands the salvaged documents, journals, diaries, and assorted parchments about the history of the Wellshire family of vampires falls.

Ann, a 157 year old vampire, takes us away from the Welshire Vampire Family compound to find love with a most unusual conqueror, a gorgeous hunk of Viking...hence the title. All through the unveiling of Ann's journey with Eric, you'll wonder if she will walk away from him and return to the central family stronghold alone, or risk angering the patriarch of the Welshire's, her ex-lover and father of her son, Stephen, by turning Eric and bringing him back to the family fold with her?

I know the answer...I read the book...and I am chomping at the bit now to grab the next book in this series and see where the Welshire family is headed. I have a feeling based on the creative Character Appendix at the end of this book, things are going to heat up in many, many ways.

Therefore, it is my distinct honor to award this book, FATE AND FANGS...Love: Ann and the Viking by Kristin Battestella,

four and a half book-boasting stars for excellence, intrigue, and it's lure factor.

Okay before I post this, I just HAD to peek and see what the next one in this series is...

OMG...FATE AND FANGS...Punishment: Lilith's Trial

I cannot WAIT! (What I wouldn't give to hit the lottery...except I think you have to play it to win it, right? But oh the literary treasures I could snatch up if I had a fortune behind my

Ladybug soul.)

Congratulations Kristin and Thank You!

6 comments:

Heather Haven said...

I've adore this young writer for several months, but haven't gotten around to her book yet. This is a gentle reminder to push some other things aside and get cracking! Sounds like a marvelous read.

Kristin Snouffer said...

Hi Lin!

Thanks for your positive review! I have to share it everywhere now!

And Heather being so sweet! Thank you ladies for enjoying Fate and Fangs!

Lin said...

I held off on giving you the full five stars because I know from reading your appendix the books on my reading horizon from you are going to get richer and richer. Have to save that extra half star at least until book two.

Heather, you're a sweetie.

Penny's Tales said...

Wow, Kristin, your book sounds awesome and what a great cover.
Big big congrats.

Lin, you have such a nice site!

Penny

Lin said...

Thank you Penny. I hope you come back and visit some more. I confess I am NOT a professional reviewer..and it shows...but I am fan of the real celebrities that keep me entertained well...authors...so I hope my readers evaluations boast about the joy I take in the authors I avidly read.

I just finished Book Two in Kristin's Series...have to review it now and get out my Sherlock Holmes spyglass and look for the clues that'll lead me to Book Three.

Kyla said...

Sounds so awesome, especially after being compared to some of my favorite vampire books. Congrats!