Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ladybug Lin Reviews: HAPPINESS GUARANTEED by Wendy Laharnar

Sadness.

I feel profound sadness now that I've finished reading

Wendy Laharanar's heartwrenching short Sci-fi story,

HAPPINESS GUARANTEED...incredible cover by Muse It Up Publishing's King Cover Art God,

Tiger Matthews.

This story makes you think about all the times over the span of your life you've said to yourself, "Oh what I would not give to be able to erase THAT from my memory, or not hurt because of THAT."

In this futuristic story, not only is it possible to do just that, it's almost the law that all emotionally active tendencies within humans be erased.

The people inhabiting this story are genetically created to eradicate all memories of a time when mankind lived with the imperfections of emotions.

Serenity is the law of the land...but as with any absolutes, there are glitches that slip through the well guarded cracks, and Bianca fits that definition to a "T"!

Sadness...my heart feels so heavy right now, but the heaviness is a welcome affirmation we have not advanced to the point of the emotional sterility of Bianca's time.

Will she avoid extinction or does her time have worst in store for her?

I know the answer because I read it...and I repeat...I am feeling such profound

sadness.

I celebrate this book and thank it and Wendy for reminding me why emotions and memories are valued gifts we are all fortunate to own.

Thank you Wendy, and please know it is with great humility I award your powerful short story,

5 breath affirming stars.

I eagerly look forward to reading more of your works.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Thank you Lin,
Your review is very much appreciated. It's wonderful. I'm so glad you 'got it'. We are lucky to belong to the human race just as we ar, aren't we. But I'm not too sad for Bianca. Derek's inventions have been know to fail before, so who knows, in twelve month's time...:)

Lin said...

Thank you for writing a story that touched me so profoundly.

Penny Estelle said...

Wow, Lin - the way you review is awesome! Wendy, your book sounds so good, especially through Lin's voice!
Congrats!

Lin said...

Thank you, Penny. It is a beautiful story that haunts you long after you've finished it.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Emily Pikkasso said...

Great review Lin. This thought provoking story from Wendy Laharnar is wonderful. It should be on everyone's summer reading list.

Nancy

Lin said...

I agree. And thanks for commenting. It means a lot for Wendy and for me.

Rosalie Skinner said...

Lin, You have managed to show a glimpse of what Wendy shares in Happiness Guaranteed. Complex issues are brought to light in an entertaining, thought provoking but satisfying short story. Again Wendy proves she has a magic pen and Lin you have a certain magic with illustrations and words too. A great combination to show a Muse gem in its best light.

Lin said...

Thank you, Rosalie. I am fortunate to have the best authors to build my reviews from.

Wendy said...

Thank you for the positive comments, Penny and Rosalie. Thank you for being a great editor Nancy, along with Annie too.

It's an honour to be reviewed by Lin. I'm blessed.