Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lady Bug Lin reviews GERIATRIC REBELS by Roseanne Dowell

Geriatric Rebels

by Roseanne Dowell is a delight-filled romp through the world of two septuagenarians, Elsa and Mike.

Life teaches you about the many types of people inhabiting this world we all co-exist in...and sometimes the most diabolical

talons of evil are attached to those we call family.

Elsa and Mike meet in the shank of the night...both residence of an upper scale

nursing home...and both are bored to tears with the regimented routine...bored to the point pranks become their salvation...and the musical backdrop for a romance no youngster could ever understand.


Geriatric Rebels is a delight...being one of the Geriatric mindset, I cheered for Elsa and Mike, hissed at Andrew and delighted in reading their journey through the Nursing Home minefield, that included a more then slightly deranged wanna-be and refuses not-to-be competitive suitor.

Energy, humor, playfulness, and learned wisdom all play active roles in the evolution of Elsa and Mike's reaching for their brass ring no matter what...and why not...they've lived long, and deserve it.

I am not going to give away the many plans, plots and adventures Elsa and Mike get into...but I am going to say I laughed, I cried, I got angry, and I grinned with wicked delight.

Therefore I grant with the joy of an elder reader who loves to see our age group portrayed as something more than withering mounds of wrinkling arthritis,this

Roseanne Dowell delight, Geriatric Rebels with

FIVE GLORIOUS STARS!

Well Done Roseanne.

11 comments:

Roseanne Dowell said...

Thank you for the glowing review, Lin. I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Lin said...

You are very welcome. I read it in one sitting...it held me so firmly.

Gail Roughton said...

Oh, what a fabulous review for a fabulous book! Probably my favorite of Ro Dowell's many novels. Full of humor and life. I mean, who says you have to get old?

Lin said...

As someone beyond the blush of youth, I found this to be an affirmation that just because the hair is snowy white does not mean the brain shuts down nor that the younger generation should think they are more cunning. Elsa and Mike showed there really is life after forty, fifty, sixty, and yeppers...seventy.

Roseanne Dowell said...

Thank you, my dear friends. Someone once said, "Just because there's snow on the roof, doesn't mean there's no fire in the furnace." Elsa and Mike prove that!

Heather Haven said...

Okay, haven't gotten around to reading that particular book yet, but if it's as good as the rest of Roseanne's work - and I have no doubt it will be - then I look forward to reading it immensely.

Joan Hall Hovey said...

Wow, wonderful reviews, Roseanne. Gotta read this one for sure.

Joan

Juliet Waldron said...

A unique review, with illustrations! This one's on my Kindle and I hope to get to it soon.

Ginger Simpson said...

Lin,
As usual, you did a wonderful job. I haven't read this book yet, but now I'm anxious to, as I'm a Roseanne fan. Be prepared for lots of requests for reviews. This was shared by many an everyone I saw commented on your unique method of reviewing. I've had the benefit of your review before, but I'm hoping for another soon. :)

Lin said...

Thanks Ginger...as always you bring smiles to my face. I've posted a few reviews over the last few dyas and AM getting requests...Don't know if I can read everyone's but it's nice to be wanted. I was worried sicne I do not do your AVERAGE reviews how these would go over, but everyoen seems to like my visual reviews.

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Rosanne,
Fabulous review, and well deserved.

cheers

Margaret