Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

LADYBUG LIN REVIEWS CULLODEN SPIRIT by Anita Davison



A sexy Ghost wearing a kilt! What more could you want...well how about a LIVE dude ALSO wearing a kilt?

Culloden Spirit has both...and oh boy howdy do kilts make the man...or manly manifestation!

What's a girl, Carrie Gordon, a tad bit spoiled from America's Society world, to do when she finds herself spending a summer at her ancestor's run down Keep?

Leave it to the Celtish Kilt wearing, brogue speaking hunks...those you can walk right through and tingle as you do so, and those who will walk up to you and demand you swoon before them to make summer a thrill a second. Will the Scotland Highlands tame the starched crinoline from all Carrie's  preconceived notions? And if they do...which of the kilt wearing hunks will she really SWOON for?

Into this mix add a group of Gypsies with their own connections to all things Keep-wise, and what a delicious tale you have.

I am not usually a fan of historicals...because they spend an awful lot of time describing...as in page after page of the fashions of the day...and that bores me.

There is a bit of that here...and that is the ONLY reason I could not give this Victorian Journey FIVE Stars...but there aren't SO many references I could not give it FOUR AND A HALF STARS...

So this is Ladybug Lin awarding


Culloden Spirit


Four and a Half Amazingly Satisfying stars.

Well Done Anita.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

This sounds like a tantalizing book, Lin. Kilts and crinolines! hmm. I'm sure this will be a winner for Anita Davison. Her Trencarrow Secret definitely was. I love historicals and the type of description Ms Davison supplies enriches her stories for me, but then, I'm a big fan! :)

Nancy M Bell said...

Just wait til you meet Ruairie! Oh, my! He is a character that will haunt you long after the story finishes.

Nancy

S. Durham Author said...

Ohh this sounds really good! Thanks Lin for sharing.

Sara

lionmother said...

Just great seeing your post again!! This book is going on my TBR list.

Lin said...

Thanks Lionmother. I missed being here.

Lin said...

I do not know why this did not post but still was sent to me, so I am postint it for Anonymous...and that her for her lovely words.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "LADYBUG LIN REVIEWS CULLODEN SPIRIT by Anita Davis...":

Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

Lin said...

Once more Anonymous is having issues posting...not sure why...so I am posting their response

Hi admin, I'm also interested in this. (Take a look at the latest post on my site for details.) This was a really interesting read, you have definitely given me some food for thought!
Welcome to my blog [url=http://www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com/]www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com[/url].



Posted by Anonymous to Ladybug Lin's Golden Reviews at September 30, 2012 11:26 AM