Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ladybug Lin Reviews: A HEAP OF TROUBLE

A HEAP OF TROUBLE,
alt
a brand new release from exceptionally gifted author Lorrie Unites-Struiff has found its way to my
happy Kindle...which means it also found it's way to my

avid eyeballs.

This is a
Western, but with it's own flavor, and oh my what a flavor.

Cole Walker, a man with a healthy respect for animals...as long as they stay over there...is the




Sheriff of Cold Water Creek. He DOES however have more than a passing tingle for the daughter of the local
Mercantile, Mattie Wells.

Not a bad place to find oneself..until Cole comes home from days out under the stars trying to catch a clue about the

rustling suddenly plaguing his other wise contented world...or contented until he tosses his
Stetson on the hook to find just like the
three bears, someone's been eating HIS grub...and has left a trail of crumbs not even Hansel and Gretel would have missed.

So where does it lead?

Straight beneath his desk and the waiting varmint he so does not want near his quivering backbone.

What varmint? A desert rat the size of the Grand Canyon? No.
A donkey separated from his gold mining owner? Again, no.
A stallion longing for the taming of a good saddle? NOPE...
A ring-tailed monkey with a love of thieving, flies out and makes Cole and all of Cold Creek stand up and take notice...none moreso than the beauteous Mattie.

I laughed, I winced, I cheered, and yes, I ached as this delightful tail unfolded before my intent eyes.

Anyone who loves Westerns, Comedies, Mysteries, and Sweet Romances will adore this book and climb on the bandwagon waiting with eagerness for the NEXT Lorrie Unites-Struiff tale.
alt
I, therefore, am honored to award A HEAP OF TROUBLE

FIVE HAPPY STARS.










Well Done Ms. Unites-Struiff.

8 comments:

Gail Roughton said...

Yea, Lorrie!

Wendy said...

Well done, Lin. You sure know how to pick the good 'uns. Sounds great Lorrie.

Kay Dee Royal said...

Lin - love your reviews, woman. Lorrie, congrats...and may I add, Lin's definitely given even more intrigue to your book...I'm not a western reader, but I am looking forward to reading your book:)

Lin said...

Thanks Ladies for your lovely comments. Kay Dee, you KNOW I think the world of you. Knowing you like my reviews means a lot to me.

Wendy, I was pleasantly surprised by just how engaging Lorr'e's book is.

Gail, seeing your comments always makes me smile. Thanks for following my UNUSUAL ramblings.

Lorrie said...

Thanks Ladies, and thank you Lin for such a glowing review. I'm so happy you enjoyed the story. I had a lot of fun writing it.

Beggar wants to give you a hug.

So here it is, Huuuuug.

Penny Estelle said...

Lorrie - your book sounds delightful. I will buy it today! I also LOVE the cover.

Lin - your reviews are priceless!

Penny
pennyestelle@yahoo.com

Darla said...

This was a very cute review. This is one of my favorites from Lorrie. In all of her works, she has a natural talent for humor and in this book, she gets ***** from me also. Beggar is steals the show in this one. I love the charaters and the cover is absolutely beautiful!!!
Congrats Lrrie on a fantastic release.

Lin said...

Ahhh. Thanks Beggar. Penny you WILL enjoy this book, and Darla, I agree wholeheartedly.

Also I'm glad you all like the way I do reviews.