Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Monday, October 29, 2012

Ladybug Lin Reviews: CELEBRITY IN DEATH by J.D. Robb

Should the

Ladybug take on reviewing one of the top New York Times Best Selling authors?

Hmmm...the whole idea behind reviewing is to rate what you

read and I just gave myself a bit of a vacation so I could read this book I got the day I finally found the time to get Kat and me our

library cards.

I must admit reading

spines whether in librarys or bookstores is never easy on these

old eyes, but I was able to find

J.D. Robb in the Sight Saver section and grabbed it.

I am an avid fan of J.D. Robb. In fact I love J.D. Robb more than Nora Roberts' more recent offerings...and that may be because I've outgrown the kinds of stories Nora Roberts creates...but I must shake my head at that because the intensity of emotions existing between

Lieutenant Eve Dallas and Roarke her hunky husband is

HOT.

It's also...sometimes...difficult for someone who's survived abuse. Any books in this series that deal with Eve's Dallas roots I know I should probably give a wide miss to...but this book,

CELEBRITY IN DEATH takes place AFTER a Dallas, Texas focused book. So I thought...hmmm can I take a chance on this edition?

Eve is the focus of a blockbuster book written by her friend Nadine, a snazzy, in your face,

 about one of Eve's more volitile cases...and now it is being turned into...can't call it a movie...not in the year

2060...no it's a vid.

The book opens with Eve and Peabody, her incredibly entertaining partner in

crime solving visiting the set and

scratching their heads over the incongruity of watching their doubles playing out the events of this former case.

The banter betweeg Eve and Delia Peabody is one of the things I

love most about this whole series, that and the developing love between Eve and Roarke, Peabody and her skinny McNab, and yes, even Eve and whether she wants to or not, Roarke's surrogate dad, Summerset.

The cast of characters/family surrounding Eve is growing, and each new member brings another layer to the person we are learning Eve really is.

I am not going to give this story away...except to say, Eve must

investigate the murder of the actress playing Peabody. Both women, Eve and Delila must deal with murder, and the oddity of the victim and all the potental murderers looking all too strikingly like Eve and Peabody's own

 immediate circle.

Nora Roberts writing as

J.D. Robb is brilliant. She brings, intelligence, humor, power, and the hottest love available in any medium to her books. I hope Eve Dallas, Roarke and the crew attached to Dallas' New York City Police and Safety Department world never ends.

FIVE STARS...without doubt, this book deserves five satisfying stars...more if I could award them..and hey, it's my blog and I AM Ladybug Lin...so let's make it ohhhh

TEN STARS. Five For Eve and Roarke and five more for Peabody and McNab.

2 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Nice, Lin...as always, love the pics as well as your words:)

Lin said...

For the life of me I cannot figure out why Kay Dee Royal's comments come through to me via e-mail as having posted, but when I get here I find ZERO.

I've checked all my settings and nothing should prevent her fropm posting...and sometimes she DOES get through.

She didn't this time, so I am copying the e-mail notice and posting it here for her.

Sorry Kay Dee. Don't know what else to try.

FROM KAY DEE ROYAL:

Nice, Lin...as always, love the pics as well as your words:)