Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Friday, October 19, 2012

Ladybug Lin Reviews:THREE MILES BELOW by Kevin Hopson

THREE MILES BELOW

cover art by the amazingly gifted Marion Sipe; this is a short suspense tale by multi-published

King of Spine Chills, Kevin Hopson and is another Hopson winner.

Not that long ago the world watched the rescue of miners trapped miles beneath the surface with baited breath and angst filled anticipation.

But we all watched from the safety of our television screens...here, above the dangers threatening the lives of men who daily risk their tomorrows miles below our realities. This is a story about such men...



Three of them...we open our focus on them AFTER an earthquake has isolated them three miles down.

Do they stay and hope the situation above ground is not so rife with destruction and confusion and will allow for their rescue? Or do they assume the worse...it is up to them to make the long, dangerous trek, through the debris and aftershocks and hope their generator still works well enough once they reach the elevator shaft, to take them the rest of the way to the surface?

Here, within my rapidly increasing heartbeat, my eyes darting across my Kindle screen,  



and my bones clacking nervously, I LIVED the climb...I felt the dangers and ultimately was awed by the surprising ending.

Kevin Hopson truly is a

KING at grabbing me, his reader, tightly in his story telling fist and squeezing every imaginable emotion from my body and soul...and I do mean EVERY emotion...I never would have suspected, given the level of danger, to laugh, but Kevin made me

laugh!

Thank you Kevin Hopson for making me ride your version of an emotional roller coaster.

It is easy for me to award THREE MILES BELOW

five stars.

Like Kevin's other edge of your seat suspense tales,

WORLD OF ASH

EARTHLY FORCES

EARLY RELEASE FOR BAD BEHAVIOR


THREE MILES BELOW is available at Muse It Up Publishing and where quality e-books are sold.

2 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Great review Lin! Kevin, your book sounds like a compelling story keeping one on the edge for every turn of the page. I'll definitely have to check it out for myself.

Congrats on the 5-star;)

Lin said...

I don't get it...but for some reason only Blogger understands, it is messing with my comments...so Kay Dee Royal is listed via e-mail to ahve posted a comment that is not showing here...so let me paste it and then go and try figuring out why Blogger is being a pain in my patootie.

From Kay Dee
reat review Lin! Kevin, your book sounds like a compelling story keeping one on the edge for every turn of the page. I'll definitely have to check it out for myself.

Congrats on the 5-star;)