Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Thursday, June 27, 2013

GREEN FIRE by Joy Smith gets LADYBUGGED

Some of my favorite heroes have been tarnished, or not considered heroes at all. For instance Jesse Stone as written by the late Robert B. Parker, or the dark hit man with a core of ethics Hawk, also as written by the late Robert B. Parker.
alt
GREEN FIRE brings us another such multi-faceted character...there are moments where you don't know whether you want to ring Victor's neck or wrap your arms around him and soothe his slightly warped outlook on life, money, and love in general.

What do you do with a man who's spent his jaded adult life earning money the only way he thinks he can...exploiting his studly looks by selling himself to wealthy matrons willing to keep him, for a time, in the style he thinks he should have been born in to?

Into this frame of entitlement he discovers the lure of green fire...

emeralds, and the allegedly easy money he can suddenly acquire if he's willing to bend the rules a tad more than he already bends them.

Trouble is he's finally met a woman he really, really wants admiring him for more than his studly skills...but will she if he follows the evil force behind the wealthy trail the emeralds require?

Joy Smith has written a riveting tale that shows the many levels of a man's growth...and shows that growing doesn't always take place in time.

Sometimes you learn the brass ring has far more value but too late to really grab onto it and claim it for your own before it disappears. Will there be a last minute reprieve?

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed reading this book. I learned a great deal about the mindset of gigolos and the women who keep them.

There was a man who lived in the neighborhood I grew up in who grew orchids. Ms. Smith brought back pleasurable memories from a time when I'd stand and avidly watch this neighbor tend with loving care those exquisite beauties.

All in all, this is a journey any lover of raw suspense will love...so I happily award
alt
GREEN FIRE

FIVE pulsating Stars...and thank MS. Smith for taking me back to a pleasurable time inside a greenhouse filled with the exotic perfume of the richest flowers I have ever seen. Follow the link above to the direct Muse It Up Publishing House Buy Page and learn more about this powerful book and author.

5 comments:

Marian Lanouette said...

I read this one in one siting and loved it.

Joy smith said...

Dearest Ladybug Lin, thank you for a beautifully written rave review of my novel. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Marsha said...

I'll have to check this out. Sounds like a good romantic suspense.

Anonymous said...

A good summer read. :)

PJ Sharon said...

I still have this one on my TBR pile. It just moved up several notches thanks to this review! Can't wait to read it! Congrats Joy!