Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Saturday, June 22, 2013

NEW BEGINNINGS a short-short by Kay Dee Royal gets Ladybugged



All too often in the busy ebb and flow or cataclysmic rise and fall of life stories we have in our

TO READ list get passed over, forgotten, or otherwise shifted upon our piles of the many things we mean to get to but the pile keeps getting bigger and bigger until it takes an intervening event to bring the original MUST READ back into the prominent position.

That's what happened here. I have had this short, HOT read NEW BEGINNINGS from Kay Dee Royal for a while, but life took its many bumpy turns. The other day one of our cats took a flying leap, like a wanna be

Super Kitty, minus the cape, across the room, landing on a pile of my folders, scattered them far and wide, requiring a massive cleanup.

I was not overly happy, but hunkered down and what to my wondering eyes should appear...

NEW BEGINNINGS...

I have read Kay Dee Royal's books and loved her paranormal telling voice...this one is no different...if anything it is all the moreso because it IS such a short story to tell such a POWERFUL story!

Instead of Werewolves, Kay Dee takes us into the realm of vampires...two actually...who've been separated a very long time...five hundred years...on the eve when the female vamp is weary...can no longer figure a reason for not facing the sun and the end of her long, lonely existence.

I never expected the twist Kay Dee brought into her vampire world, nor the power she managed to instill with so little effort, background, or detail.

This story proves Kay Dee is truly one of the most gifted authors swimming in that huge literary sea out there today. I do not know how you can get your hands on this particular story...my guess is you'll have to contact Ms. Royal herself, BUT I am reviewing this story and posting my review because any author who can touch me this deeply in less than six pages deserves all the praise I can muster upon her...and a following...

SO FIVE STARS for

NEW BEGINNINGS and may I recommend you check out Kay Dee Royal at her publisher Muse It Up Publishing and at Amazon.com. She is also available where fine e-books are available as well.

At this moment I KNOW she has these books available:

Big Girls Don't Cry Wolf
alt
How To Net A Prince

One PLus One

Staring Into the Eyes of Chance
alt
Savage Smoke

5 comments:

Alix Richards said...

Oh the famous 'to-be-read' list. Sounds like my kind of short. :-) I'm already looking into a couple others that have caught my eye and...err...attention? ;-) Kay Dee writes awesomely! I LOVE her books.

Kay Dee Royal said...

Lin...thank you so much for reading another of my stories. You said such nice things and I very much appreciate your review.

I'm smiling...big, ear to ear:)

Hugs.

Kay Dee Royal said...

I should add - anyone can read this - free read at http://ravencraftrealm.blogspot.com in the free read section at Ravencraft's Romance (I believe it may take you to our FB page;)

Lin said...

Once again Kay Dee Royal left a comment that came through on my e-mail but didn't quite make it here...so let me copy and paste:

Kay Dee Royal Tospatzdkat1212@yahoo.com Kay Dee Royal has left a new comment on your post "NEW BEGINNINGS a short-short by Kay Dee Royal gets...":

Lin...thank you so much for reading another of my stories. You said such nice things and I very much appreciate your review.

I'm smiling...big, ear to ear:)

Hugs.


Lin said...

Now I'll respond...Alix, Kay Dee has been a Muse author since the beginning of Muse It Up Publishing, and I was lucky to start reading her books right from the beginning. It takes a tremendous amount of talent to tell a powerful story though in such a short number of pages...and she hit it out of the park with this one.

Kay Dee, I'm just sorry it took me so long to get to this. Please think of me whenever you write ANYTHING you want eyes on.