Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Sunday, July 14, 2013

EBENEZER'S LOCKER by Anne E. Johnson gets Ladybugged



This story has more twists and turns than I ever expected, but every one of them was a delight to discover and systematically unravel as it came to light.

I don't know exactly what classification to place this book in. It's obviously for the Middle Grades, and yet the mysteries are so intricately woven throughout the action I was held in the hands of this tale from the first sign of mysterious graffiti to the very end.

When I first saw the cover I expected I was jumping into some kind of a science experiment out of control...so totally NOT what I found.

"Find locker 176 in a school that only goes up to 175."

I pulled this book up on my e-reader three hours ago...and just finished it because...no way was I putting it down until I was done and knew everything.

Everything...every surprise detail that did not match anything I was guessing, but thrilled me so much more.

Ms. Johnson created a brilliant super natural mystery with ghosts, mediums, angry storms swirling into life inside a closed room, time travel, mysteries from a hundred years ago, and answers waiting to be found in the background of today.

EBENEZER'S LOCKER

An EXCELLENT tale, a delightful journey, and a captivating read.

Well done, Ms. Johnson.

FIVE SHARP STARS...and please keep these winners coming.

No comments: