Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Friday, July 12, 2013

RUINS: DISCOVERY by Janie Franz Gets LADYBUGGED

I am a big fan of anything remotely connected to the prehistoric. The moment I saw the title and then the cover of this book I knew this was a book I wanted to grab for my e-reader and devote some time devouring.

Janie Franz was not an author I had any familiarity with, so reading her book was a new experience. Would it be an experience I would treasure and want to continue?

This is a story that takes me into the realm of the America existing before the arrival of the European explorer/conqueror, a la, Cortez, Columbus, Magellan. It is a story of cultures that pre-date the determined religious leaders/missionaries looking upon the peoples they found here as little more than savages in need of salvation, alteration, and religious redesigning.

Because of that this is also a story of having to reclaim memories and rituals lost because of time and reshaping. It is also wisdom shared by a wiser Universe in some of the least likely places because the Universe has had to fill in the gaps. Kate is a grad student in Archeology. Paul Rodrieguez is a man with a history and a supernautural bulls-eye painted upon his soul. Can she be the buffer to help him finally achieve his destiny, and if she does, at what cost to herself?

I was enraputred from the opening salvo, and held tightly captive by Ms. Franz's rich prose through the frightening, but empowering journey she took Kate and Paul on.

I admit to being surprised by the direction Ms. Franz took our hero and heroine, but must admit the direction she took them on rang truer than the direction I had been expecting, given what they were pursuing.

I eagerly look forward to reading more from this gifted author and cannot recommend her Ruins series more highly. Therefore I give FIVE STARS to RUINS: DISCOVERY and am off to dive into the second book in this series,


RUINS:ARTIFACTS.

Ms. Franz's books can be found via her publisher Muse It Up Publishing.com and where fine e-books are sold.

No comments: