Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

FLASH TO THE PAST by Penny Estelle gets LADYBUGGED

This is getting serious...I'm becoming addicted and an addicted Ladybug...there's no telling what that means. I spent part of today researching what it means to be an addicted ladybug and even looked for pictures...

and this is all I could find. Since I don't drink coffee, I don't think that fits my condition. Don't get me wrong I like butterflies

but unlike our Publisher, I'm not over the moon about them, so this isn't me either.

Nope, my growing addiction is much more in staying in line with what I was and what now am. So what does that mean. What was I?

Well as the picture above shows...I was a teacher, and I loved every moment of it, but it was cut short by a car accident, and now I am an author, and 


Ladybug Lin Book Reviewer most unique.

It's the review side of me that I bring to the table here.
Flash_to_the_Pas_51db0eba3f437.jpg
FLASH TO THE PAST

I just finished the THIRD installment in one of the most brilliant series I have ever laid my hands on, THE WICKWARE SAGAS geared towards presenting history in a way that is engaging, entertaining, and educational without seeming to knock the reader in the head with it.
alt
I LOVE Penny Estelle's writing style. As far as I'm concerned every history teacher in the United States at the very least if not the world, should make her books a required part of their teaching curriculum.

In each of her books, to date, she has introduced elements about either historical figures I never learned anything about in MY history courses, back before we had as MUCH history to cram into the twelve years of public schooling we have to cram into it today, or if it was a figure we HAD heard about, she gives details far beyond anything I was given. 

One of the saddest things about history is it is rarely taught in a way that makes the past seem like it was lived by REAL people. They're abstract concepts that you just can't relate to.

But not so in the books Penny Estelle, in what is commonly called SHORT STORIES, creates. We not only MEET actual people, we get to literally drop into their environments and live their story right along side them.

So far I've learned about two women that played roles during the Revolutionary War, I had never heard of. How sad is that? Also I learned the details around an event that I thought was foolhardy because I didn't know what led up to the event. Now I know what motivated this historic figure to act in the way he did, and because of that I can empathize with him and realize I would have done the same thing.

Penny Estelle makes history JUMP into vivid life for me, and for everyone who opens one of her books. That's what a good author does. 

FLASH TO THE PAST 

Flash_to_the_Pas_51db0eba3f437.jpg
Keep them coming Penny. This is one very 

addicted Ladybug who is deleriously happy to give you another

FIVE STARS!
Flash_to_the_Pas_51db0eba3f437.jpg
FLASH TO THE PAST is Book Three in THE WICKWARE SAGAS

Don't pass up Book One: 

Billy_Cooper_s_A_4fba3cf41e776.jpg

or Book Two in this amazing series
The_Ride_Of_A_Li_519a5802c94c7.jpg

3 comments:

Penny's Tales said...

Wow, Ladybug Lin. That was a fantastic review and I can't thank you enough!

I am doing the "Happy Dance" and it's only 3:30 in the morning. Wonderful way to start the day!

Marie Laval said...

Great review Lin and Estelle. Congratulations!

Suzanne's Thoughts for the Day said...

We were recently on vacation. We turned on the tv and there was the very story that Ride of a Lifetime was based on. My son Andre jumped up so excited saying, "That's the same girl in the story, Mom." He watched the show with great interest because of Penny. Thanks Penny. You make a mom's job easier.