Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

THE BOYS UPSTAIRS by Jane Lebak gets LADYBUGGED

THE BOYS UPSTAIRS by Jane Lebak
The_Boys_Upstair_4c79ae3e8f03f.jpg
I am a certified 

Christmas Fan...I'm also a 

December baby...I got my happiest news on December 5, 1983...my personal Independence Day...So yeah, Christmas is my FAVORITE time of the year...anything dealing with it draws me much the way a 



moth is drawn to a flame.

Jane Lebak has created what I think, should be declared a 

classic here. While I was reading it, images kept popping into my head...images from a movie I'd seen on TV when I was a kid...images from a classic black and white movie. Spencer Tracy starred in it with Mickey Rooney...

BOYS TOWN! YES
The_Boys_Upstair_4c79ae3e8f03f.jpg
THE BOY'S UPSTAIRS made me feel many of the same emotions because in many ways it has the same level of heart the movie Boy's Town does. How cool to have your short Christmas book compared to something as revered as BOYS TOWN?
The_Boys_Upstair_4c79ae3e8f03f.jpg
THE BOYS UPSTAIRS by Jane Lebak  

has definitely earned 

4 1/2 POWERFUL STARS for the power of the story it tells. Congratulations, Ms. Lebak.

No comments: