Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

THE FORGET-ME-NOTS by GINGER SIMPSON gets LADYBUGGED


Ladybug Lin here.

Okay, I can take a hint. It's the middle of 

August, and it's HOT, but at least I get to read some really 

GREAT e-books.

There are some reads as short as they are that leave you gasping for breath...this is such a read.

I have wanted to read Ginger Simpson's THE FORGET-ME-NOTS for ages, but somehow never got around to it until today...and wouldn't you know it, Fate had me read it right after I'd read another short story that also left me gasping for breath.

I am, I would say, a rather happy Ginger Simpson fan, but after reading this book I think I am escalating into a RABID Ginger Simpson fan...and justifiably so. 

In this very short story, Ms. Simpson opens with the pain of a daughter's loss and 

mourning for her beloved mother...the discovery of a mystery surrounding that mother...the search for answers to that mystery...and the revelation that leads to more cause for mourning a past for the potential cut down too soon by the cruel hands of war. 

What an intense, roller coaster of emotions Ms. Simpson packs into the pages of THE FORGET-ME-NOTS. At no point do you take a bored or disinterested breath...oh no...not with the glorious Ginger Simpson directing the ride. You stand on the precipice only to feel a deep sense of being wrung dry and hung out to bake in the unending burn of a searing sun.

Ginger Simpson is one of those authors I will always follow, no matter where she leads me because within a minimal amount of writing prose, she delivers more raw 

punch than many other authors do in full length novels.

THEREFORE I rightly award THE FORGET-ME-NOTS 

FIVE HUGE STARS.

No comments: