Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Friday, August 23, 2013

THE KING'S RANSOM by Cheryl Carpinello gets LADYBUGGED

Arthurian England

Excalibur....Lancelot...Gawain...Merlin....Guinevere. 

Why do those names still make us sigh and think about what could have been, and wish for what the legend tells us was before the manipulations of Morgana and Mordred brought it to its knees?
The_King_s_Ranso_4faad49904b08.jpg
THE KING'S RANSOM takes place during those times when England was not a unified country, but many separate monarchies, with Arthur striving to bring them all together. I love the tales of this time, when magic and treachery both played pivotal roles in the future of the land.

In this story, the Castle Pembrook, leaning heavily in favor of Arthur's unification of Great Britain has had a murder and the theft of it prized KING'S RANSOM. The knights of its realm head out and find the knife used in the murder with a vagabond the youngest prince and his two friends have grown fond of. 

Charged with murder and theft, the friend they call Wild Man will be executed if he does not confess before Arthur, heading their way in one week's time arrives. 

The three friends, certain their Wild Man friend is innocent each set off on a different portion of a quest to prove him innocent and themselves not cowards. 

This is a story written for the young...well, I guess I'm young because I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I only found one problem...the Pembrook insider was never revealed. Other than that, it is one of the most well paced, delightful Arthurian Romps I have read in a long time.

I happily award this book
The_King_s_Ranso_4faad49904b08.jpg
THE KING'S RANSOM

 4 1/2 stars.

Well done, Cheryl Carpinello

4 comments:

ccarpinello said...

Lin, thank you so much for the great review. Didn't expect you to get to it so soon.

The answer to your question is Aldred, the king's advisor.

Lin said...

The one who was killed? How did I miss him being the inside guy?

Suzanne's Thoughts for the Day said...

Well-deserved. I loved this book.

Shirley Measekes said...

Can't wait to read it myself.
I would love to feature it in my bookstore.