Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Monday, September 9, 2013

IF I COULD BE LIKE JENNIFER TAYLOR by Barbara Ehrentreu gets LADYBUGGED

HIGH SCHOOL...

Will it be any different than {gulp} 

MIDDLE SCHOOL?

Carolyn Samuels sure hopes so...But 

how can it be any different when her arch-enemy, the all too perfect Jennifer Taylor passes into High School right along with her? 

Cringing with the memories of how Jennifer and her best friend ridiculed her all through the last year, Carolyn prepares for the worst. 
If_I_Could_Be_Li_4e404d739272c.jpg
IF I COULD BE LIKE JENNIFER TAYLOR is a journey through the rites of passage between adolescent angst and dawning maturity.

Ms. Ehrentreu, a former teacher, knows how to reveal the deepest insecurities and the true path one travels when the egocentricity of adolescence no longer serves our deepest needs.

This book is one every teacher should incorporate in their lesson plans, and every tween through young adult should read at least...once.

The messages woven throughout its pages are current, important, and well-defined.

FIVE ZILLION STARS aren't enough for the wealth of information and the heart wrenching way this story is told, but the maximum I can give...so
If_I_Could_Be_Li_4e404d739272c.jpg
FIVE STARS 

for IF I COULD BE LIKE JENNIFER TAYLOR

and a Well Done for Ms. Ehrentreu.

6 comments:

Cyrus Keith said...

I found this book just as captivating, Lin. It needs to be in every high school library, ritght along with Shortcomings!

Lin said...

I totally agree!

lionmother said...

Thank you, Cyrus! I am working on getting it into schools. Lin, again, thank you for this amazing review. I'm pretty sure I wrote a comment on my phone, but I don't see it here.:)

Lin said...

I think you sent it to FB.

I'm glad you liked your review. I was blown away by what you wrote. Very inciteful.

Dr. Pearl Ketover Prilik (PKP) said...

As a former teacher of English at the secondary level, a current psychoanalyst and writer and a major fan of Carolyn Samuels, the vivid protagonist of Ms. Ehrentreu's novel - I agree!!!! If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor is a wonderful book to, not only have in school libraries (that is a given!) but to incorporate in the high school curriculum. A beautiful review for a beautiful, timely and important book!

Lin said...

Thank you Dr. Ketover. I too fell in love with Carolyn Samuels and the journey Barbara Ehrentreu gave us.