Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Sunday, September 1, 2013

KARMACK by J.C. Whyte gets LADYBUGGED


Ladybug Lin here again and boy howdy are my wings flapping!


OMG

What an UNEXPECTED DELIGHT this book is! 
Karmack_5198f2b5c6c6f.jpg
From the very beginning I fell head-over-heels in THRILL with this book. 

Who wouldn't? 

I mean SERIOUSLY! Anyone who's ever been the recipient of a bully's cruelty will LOVE this book and the way Ms. J.C. Whyte's creative mind turns the tables.

KARMACK is a book I truly wish had been available when I was still actively teaching in the classroom...I can guarantee it would have held a prominent place in my yearly lesson planning...Yep... it really IS that good...AND that inspiring.

Ms. Whyte teaches the value of growing beyond bullying through her ingenious reworking of the concepts of Karma and consequences. 

This is one the the BEST Middle Grade/Tween books I have read...maybe in...well FOREVER!



Five stars just doesn't seem enough for the value this book offers, (Ten seems closer)

but what I am forced to limit my praise to what is allowed...
Karmack_5198f2b5c6c6f.jpg
So, I, Ladybug Lin, with great reluctance, am forced to award KARMACK 

ONLY FIVE STARS...

while also pleading with Ms. Whyte to

KEEP 'EM COMING! You're a Beacon for the future of our youth readers!

2 comments:

Julie Lynn Hayes said...

I totally agree, this was a fabulous story, well and humorously told, and would be a great asset to teachers as well as being a fun read for all ages.

Lin said...

I fell in love with Karmack. What I would not have done to have a Karmack to help guide my students back when I was still teaching.