Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Monday, September 2, 2013

THE BOY WHO DELIVERED THE WIND by Thomas L. Peters gets LADYBUGGED


Ladybug Lin here ready to review another sweeping book I just read: THE BOY WHO DELIVERED THE WIND.
The_Boy_Who_Deli_4fe5080ef0af9.jpg
I was first drawn to this book by the beguiling book cover done by Cover Artist Charlotte Volnek...So it IS true...a good cover IS important!

Moving on...Geared towards the young, this book focuses on two boys living somewhere in western Pennsylvania, on the outskirts of Pittsburgh in one of its more rural areas.

I had a hard time getting into this book...no doubt because I am NOT of the age group it is written for...which is MY problem, not the author's...To review it based on that limitation on my part, would have been grossly unfair.

Therefore I am going to review it based on my own determination to stick with it...which I did...and I'm glad I can be stubborn that way. I was NOT disappointed.
The_Boy_Who_Deli_4fe5080ef0af9.jpg
THE BOY WHO DELIVERED THE WIND is a rich story showing the problems being faced by real kids in the real world. Little Sammy from the wrong side of the tracks, and Russ from the slightly better side of those tracks, form an elemental bond that carries them through the dangers greedy and unscrupulous adults can bring to bear upon the innocent.

FOUR STARS for this book...From the ending I think we'll be seeing more of Sammy and Russ in the future too. 

No comments: