Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Friday, October 4, 2013

BUMPED BACK IN TIME by Penny Estelle gets LADYBUGGED



This is 

Ladybug Lin and I am grinning from wing to wing...okay not quite possible, technically, but you get my drift.

Another FANTABULOUS journey into history by the incomparable Penny Estelle is what we find in this BOOK FOUR of her WICKWARE SAGA SERIES. 

How many of you know the true story around the creation of The Star Spangled Banner?


Young Sammy Brown, a student in Miss Wickware's class is about to be transported back in time to 1814 to find out first hand...up close and personal what inspired 

Francis Scott Key to pen one of our Country's most honored songs.

I am thoroughly enjoying Ms. Estelle's creative way of bringing the supposedly mundane facts of history to vivid life. This book, BUMPED BACK IN TIME is as informative, engaging, and entertaining as the first three in this series have been.



FIVE STARS 

for Book Four BUMPED BACK IN TIME of the Wickware Sagas.

Well, VERY well done Penny Estelle. I love your writing voice and hope the Wickware Sagas are going to have a LOOONNNGGG literary life. So come closer, and whisper in my ear...what's the next historical event for book five? You can tell me. I know how to keep a secret!

4 comments:

Penny's Tales said...

I just have no words Lin for what you do for myself and other authors. You do possess a way with words that has me walking on air. Thank you so much! I am so grateful and I am thrilled you liked the story. Now....does the term "Orphan Trains" mean anything to you?

Lin said...

Yes...it does.

Lin said...

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Anonymous said...

PENNY IS MORE THAN EXCITING IN EACH OF HER STORIES. I THOUGHT I HAD A RATHER GOOD IDEA OF CHILDREN THROUGH MY MANY YEARS IN EDUCATION, BUT PENNY BRINGS IT CLOSE AND PERSONAL. WRITING IS AN ART AND PENNY HAS IT IN HER OWN WAY!!!LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT CHAPTER!