Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Monday, October 21, 2013

DEWI AND THE SEEDS OF DOOM by Maggie Lyons gets LADYBUGGED

Dewi_and_the_See_5074af5828ed7.jpg

I'm Ladybug Lin and before I give my review of DEWI AND THE SEEDS OF DOOM by Maggie Lyons, I need to praise the cover for this book by Suzannah Safi. I am a firm believer in the power of covers...and good covers are usually the potential reader's introduction to the author's story. This one called to me the minute I first saw it, and still does. Gotta love the lighthearted cuteness of Dewi!

Moving on...luckily the story is just as playful and filled with impish joy as Dewi and his friends unravel their mystery. With the turn into each chapter I was eager to see what humorous twist and turns they would have to rise above.
Dewi_and_the_See_5074af5828ed7.jpg
AS a former teacher I was responsible for selecting reading materials for my students. The highest praise I can give Ms. Lyons and DEWI AND THE SEEDS OF DOOM is this...I would have found a place to add this book to my lesson plans.

FIVE STARS I award Dewi and Ms. Lyons...you both have enchanted this 

Ladybug...Ladybug Lin!

3 comments:

Penny's Tales said...

That is a fabulous cover!

Great review Lin and Congrats Maggie!

Suzanne de Montigny said...

This is one of those books I shout out all the time. It made me giggle and giggle.

Lin said...

I loved the knock knock jokes Dewi is so fond of. Oh and Dewi trying to hide! Pure comedic genius.