Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

KING OF THE FOREST: AN ACRE OF AMERICAS BACKYARD NATURE SERIES by Sharon Delarose gets LADYBUGGED



I'm not really certain I am the right person to review Sharon Delarose's series about bugs inhabiting the two acres of land I had as a child to grow up on because, for reasons I've never understood, I was born with a programmed from before the womb, I think, aversion...no FEAR of creepy crawlies.

Okay, I can see all of you are raising your brows and looking askance upon my lovely Ladybug countenance and saying. "Sure pull my other leg," But it's true. Even harmless ants made my skin crawl.

However, that said, I must admit, if Ms. Delarose was not a gifted presenter of the world that usually is way below my less than perfect sight, I would not be cringing and having a case of the heebie jeebies right now. 

Maybe I am the reason so many of these creatures, that DO have their place in the ecosystem we all play a part in, needs such a series as the one Ms. Delarose is documenting. 

I couldn't help wondering, if such a series had been part of my early curriculum I might not be squeamish still, after all these years?

Ms. Delarose's love for the gulp creepy-to-me crawlies comes through in the masterfully presented text of her book, and she presents a reasonable explanation for why bugs are a positive part of our world. 

So in all fairness to Ms. Delarose and the multitude that love bugs, and those who, through this book, will COME to love bugs, I award this book 

FIVE STARS.

Ms. Delarose, I envy your great affection for the insects walking, crawling, hopping, and flying among us. I wish I didn't have this predilection to fear them. 

Hopefully your words will help future generations of children to love them as much as you do. 

Click HERE for more information on this book.

No comments: