Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Friday, October 18, 2013

RICHES TO RAGS by Penny Estelle gets LADYBUGGED



The luckiest day for the reading world occurred when Penny Estelle retired from her job as a school secretary after 21 years is when she took up the mantle of a semi-fictional writer of history. Ms. Estelle brings history to vibrant life utilizing history teacher, Miss Wickware, who may or may not be a witch, as her launching point. 

In a blink of an eye the current student Miss Wickware...maybe...will catapult back into history to learn, first hand, why history is important...reaches in for the slip of paper with his oral report assignment on it.

In RAGS TO RICHES wealthy Dylan Jones finds himself a part of the 

ORPHAN TRAINS. Here he will learn the aftermath of war and experience the poverty text books just don't bother covering.

As with each of the five previous The Wickware Saga stories,
RICHES TO RAGS is brilliantly crafts and more than worthy of the 

FIVE STARS I, Ladybug Lin, award it.

Another SUPER WELL DONE, Ms. Estelle

3 comments:

Penny's Tales said...

Oh Lin....I am sad Riches to Rags is my last story for Volume One, because after I read your reviews I am walking on air for the whole day! You make me feel like what I write are stories that people will really like!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your words and your time! I appreciate both more than you can know!

Suzanne de Montigny said...

I started reading the fourth one last night. I see this as a Saturday morning cartoon. Miss Wickware is really a fascinating character.

Lin said...

Volume One? I hope that means there's going to be a Volume Two.

Darling Girl, I was a teacher. I KNOW how difficult it is to get our young people interested in history. What you've done is not only make it interesting but human. History seems like nothing more than boring facts in text books, by taking students and winging them to the actual events and having them live it first hand makes history about real people. So, yes, your books are stories people will love.

Suzanne, Miss Wickware is a fascinating character. Is she a witch, or something else? She's definitely something "unique."