Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Sunday, December 22, 2013

MAYBE IT'S MAGIC by K.L. Pickett gets LADYBUGGED

Ladybug Lin here...Christmas is around the corner...with all the tinsel falling sometimes a ladybug gets buried beneath an avalanche of glittery stuff...but even ladybugs find our way back to our e-readers, wiggle our antenna quite decorously and get back to the happy business of reading.

MAYBE IT'S MAGIC seemed like a really great pick to "get back to business" with...

Magic...Christmas...they just seemed to go together like holly and well...carols.

Written for the young among us, I'm so glad the young in me is alive and eager to read great stories...whatever my birth certificate says.

MAYBE IT'S MAGIC by K.L. Pickett takes us on a deliciously charming ride that begins the day after our heroine makes time to steal out into the night and cast a special spell so she'll get her deepest birthday wish come true.




Pippy wakes up the next morning, her eyes drawn to the crystal horse on her windowsill, cascading her room with the brilliance of a prism's promise, assuring the child her spell is working. Carrying the Little Horse with her, she glories in its unveiling movements towards cementing the reality of her heart's desire...until...

MAYBE IT'S MAGIC is most definitely a tale filled with the STRONGEST magic...the magic of the heart...blanketing ALL the people in Pippy's world with it's unequaled enchantment. 

Stars are magical...many of us have looked into the sky and said "Starlight, Star Bright, First Star I see tonight...I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." Others will fervently wish upon a falling star...so can a girl on the cusp of being ten slip out into a night with nothing but a blanket of glimmering stars above her and cast a spell strong enough to give her her heart's deepest desire?

Stars ARE powerful...so in my capacity as a reader, ready, willing, and able to give K.L. Pickett's story a bunch of stars, I HAPPILY award her and MAYBE IT'S MAGIC 

FIVE. 

All I can say is...join Pippy on her journey towards magic! You won't be sorry.

No comments: