Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Friday, January 31, 2014

THE BEST BAD CHRISTMAS GIFT by Addison James SLIPS INTO THE LADYBUG AND KITTY CAT HOT SEAT

Welcome to the first review here at the revamped



LADYBUG LIN AND KITTY CAT KAT'S HOT SEAT REVIEWS.

This is a Ladybug Lin review...

When I accept a book to read for a review I never know how the story will impact the woman I bring to the equation. I do not come to this merging of minds without my own bunch of little red wagons filled with life's ups and downs dragging behind me.

THE BEST BAD CHRISTMAS GIFT by Addison James, a recent 2013 P&E Top Ten Award Winner, Congratulations, BTW, thrust its sharp edged blade straight to the very core of who I am.

I will not do a spoiler and give the story away, except as a woman who still finds herself looking over my shoulder for the monster's re-approach, Addison James has via her incite-filled telling of this story managed to give myself and many like me hope that one day a sound, scent, or a seemingly innocuous item will no longer have the power to catapult us back into our nightmarish memories of hell on earth.  And also hope that someone lives who can love us, scars and all, and help us find the bridge back to innocence and maybe even...joy!

This was not an easy short story for this reviewer to read, but it is well written, valuable, and a 

FIVE STARRER every step of the way.

Ms. James you pack quite a punch!

2 comments:

Addison James said...

Lin, thank you so much for the review! I'm sorry if it caused a trigger but glad you still enjoyed and would recommend the book.

Lin said...

Ohhh Honey...don't apologize for being able to bring REAL emotions so powerfully to life those of us who've lived through such a events can't help but recognize the heavy tendrils of realism. That only attests to how gifted you are, and verifies your winning of one of the Top Ten 2013 P&E awards was NOT a fluke!

I celebrate your power.