Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Friday, February 7, 2014

LAUNCHING SISTERS TO WITCH CAMP by LRS lands in the Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat HOT SEAT REVIEWS

I'm not sure if I should feel sad for myself because I'm not the age of LRS' target audience for 

LAUNCHING SISTERS TO WITCH CAMP. Would I have enjoyed it more as a sixth grader, like the hero, JJ? Boy Howdy though, how ever could I have survived enjoying it more?

JJ is a sixth grader about to shed his school day doldrums for the whole summer...or he's HOPING to, but with his two sisters, one older and beyond being a pain in his adventurous plans, and the other younger...a pure nuisance he wants to not tolerate in the days/weeks to come...how can he do all the things he has waiting on his list as long as they're still around? They need to disappear. But how?

Out of the blue, on the Internet, JJ's best friend sees the answer to JJ's problem...He's got to send his sisters to witch camp. What could be more perfect? The problem is you rarely know the consequences of what you think you want so much...until...

LAUNCHING SISTERS TO WITCH CAMP has an amazingly funny cover by the brilliant CK Volnek, (I'm also awarding one of our Ladybug Lin Exceptional Cover awards too,)...to go with this book's story...a book I could not put down no matter how many stitches I had to try stretching my way through.

FIVE GIDDY STARS I give to this great summer tale of boys rewriting the old adage, "BOYS WILL BE BOYS." 

Well Done LRS.

 from your creative brain?

2 comments:

Victoria Roder said...

Love the sound of Launching Sisters to Witch Camp! Also congratulations on your duo adventure of your review site.

Susan Bernhardt said...

Loren's book has such a fun premise you just have to laugh. I think it will be a big success.

Best wishes, Loren. Great write-up Lin and Kat.

Susan