Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

STILL AT YOUR DOOR by Emma Eden Ramos lands in Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat's THE HOT SEAT REVIEWS

Life...when the body of mother expels the infant, born with the enviable tableau rasa upon the world around it, like a blank canvas awaiting the palette of color, shade, and form, the future awaits with promise of all that can be...

Emma Eden Ramos' STILL AT YOUR DOOR...reveals in breathtaking starkness, what can and unfortunately all too often does happen when the canvas is assaulted with the erratic hues of parenting and/or society gone awry.

Three sisters, born to a mother so enmeshed in the many layers of her own misfiring brain synapses sets the stage for events spinning, churning, and chugging towards one soul shattering conclusion.

As a child of an alcoholic, I read this story feeling the pit in my stomach rumbling, recognizing clues from a past I can never fully separate myself from...no matter how many years, degrees, and wishes life had been different I can conger up.

Ms. Ramos writes from such a foundation of power and honesty, no one reading this book can walk away untouched...changed.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough, nor award Ms. Ramos' story telling skills the level of praise she deserves.

Giving Ms. Ramos JUST five stars for this story seems like I'm cheating her of the true value and impact of her talents, but I am limited by the strictures of the structure surrounding modern day book reviews...

Therefore it is with a deeply affected spirit I award STILL AT THE DOOR by Emma Eden Ramos JUST

Five Stars...and urge one and all to please, please, please read this incredible tale.

No comments: