Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat
Place Your Trust in Their HOT SEAT

Friday, May 2, 2014

AN ACT OF TREASON by Charles Mossop finds itself in THE HOT SEAT REVIEWS of Ladybug Lin and Kitty Kat

AN ACT OF TREASON...is an historical mystery by CHARLES MOSSOP

I Ladybug Lin, 
begin this review with a sad confession...I know nothing about 18th Century British Maritime terminology...That said, I am aware of the long held enmity and warring that occurred between the British and the French.

As a great devoteé of Les Miserablés, I am better acquainted with Victor Hugo's presentation of the state of the poor leading up to the French Revolution...post the American Revolution.

I am, however, a great lover of learning from history...in the hopes that by studying the mistakes made in the past by empires, we won't need to make the same mistakes again.

Charles Mossop has written a short story here in AN ACT OF TREASON. I must admit to being confused by the naval shorthand used in the first few pages of this book. I will probably never be able to read those first few pages with anything remotely close to understanding...BUT fortunately I did not allow this lacking on my part, to keep me from reading on...and I'm really glad I did.

A murder mystery, no matter where it occurs, is only as good or engaging as the talents of the author weaving the tale with clues cunningly revealed/concealed throughout the story's body.

AN ACT OF TREASON does NOT disappoint. If anything it manages to surprise with the deftness of the final revelations and exposure of the person...or persons responsible for the treason.

Therefore, I am pleased to say I did not let my limited understanding of 18th Century Naval terminology keep me from reading on. I would have missed a fantastic story. It is always an honor to read an excellent book written by a masterful author.

To Charles Mossop and his brilliantly intriguing AN ACT OF TREASON, I award 
FIVE STARS.

Charles, I look forward to reading your next book.

WELL DONE MR. MOSSOP!

No comments: